View Single Post
Old 10-31-20, 01:36 PM   #2102
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I am in the middle of testing that now mikesn9, and one thing that I have now "proven" is that at night, if you have an improperly configured game set-up, the moon and its reflection do not match... When I first did a quick mission for this test, I used the Tambor, but neglected to change its configuration date. The game pulled in the 1940-01-01 that the Tambor has (??), and then failed to load a Tambor, instead giving me the Nautilus... sigh. I decided to try it anyway, and when the sun set, all looked fine, but when the moon rose about 0200, the moon did not shine, but the water reflected it, as if it was at 260T... If Saved the game, and all still loads fine, but the moon is still "off". I went ahead and exited again, and edited the mission file, correctly configuring the Tambor. When I went back into the game, and loaded the mission anew, with a Tambor boat, the moon was at about 020T, half-moon, and the water reflected it as such... So if anyone happens to notice issues, try to see what the moon and its reflection are doing... I have done this twice each now, and each time, same result - which with this game, basically "proves" nothing, but it might be a symptom...

In the meantime, with the multiple starts of this mission, I just now finished my "official test" mission's first two objectives of Patrol and Foto ReCon of Engebi, and I am now halfway to Guam... more later on this, and then I'll get back to what I call "The mazzi Test" with the Balao's guns...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote