View Single Post
Old 10-31-20, 06:56 AM   #2101
mikesn9
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I am really hoping what mazzi has, will help in this regard, as noted in Post #2096 = Many Thanks To mazzi! :Salutes: until my arm falls off!!!. It will take a few more runs with my "seeded" career to find out what happens when I get my new Balao, but I am confident in this...

@ mikesn9: Is that the mission where you start in the Marshalls, then to Guam, then to Wake, and "take pictures if you can"? I'll double-check on that (might be a quadruple-check by now). There should be minimal planes in the area - usually - because all of the US planes have been shot down, and the Japanese have not landed any yet. However, if you are there when the Hiryu and Soryu stopped by to help for a few days, then you might have some carrier aircraft buzzing about. The problem with the planes before though, wasn't so much the planes, as it was the mis-configured Rescue Raft when the planes were shot down or crashed. The game pulls all of that type "asset" and will choose from the pool, not just the Survivor in FotRSU, so the game was trying to associate a New Zealand raft with a Japanese plane, and that would just crush the "cycles" as the game thrashed about through that conundrum...

Yes, it was that string of missions. Only saw 4 merchants (sank the fleet tanker in the Marshalls) there were planes now & then in the Marshalls and near Guam, but not many). No sign of carriers, just a couple of small warships (DD and a subchaser, if I remember right)

I spent the cold war under water.
mikesn9 is offline   Reply With Quote