View Single Post
Old 12-17-19, 06:48 PM   #28
Kaxii
Swabbie

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
As Randomizer mentions above, try another download of the mod attempt. There are not C++ library files (dll) in Dark Waters. It is all game files that are modded. C++ library issues are very difficult to troubleshoot, because of the plethora of them available. If you look in your Installed Programs (Apps & Features), and display the Windows Components, you might see 15 files named with "C++ Library", from 2006, 2008, etc., sometimes with four and five of them from the same year. Each game developer might add one little "feature" to the library, and they make a new file for it, so oftentimes, you cannot remove any of them for fear of messing-up something else on the computer. Silent Hunter 4 might use multiple dll libraries also, since it was released in 2007, but updated in 2008...Try a new Dark Waters download first, and if that doesn't do it, you might have to re-do the game install in that folder - or do a different mod there and try a different copy of the game... Come to think of it, I don't think I modded my "base" Steam SH4...
I tried a re-download and the file size was the same (1.74GB compressed), and still put up the same error when installed. I tried putting it into a new game install file outside the base, but still the same issue, even tried it in the KSDII install with the same outcome, yet KSDII still worked fine after re-activation. Tis a confusing one :S
Kaxii is offline   Reply With Quote