Travis Reed
Planesman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by tater
Sorry, with sailing into the wind, no real damage, no crew casualties, there is no possible way you can call it a wargame at any level. If a "spell of windward sailing" ain't "elves" I dunno what is, lol.
Not trying to say the game is perfect by any means here, but if they made a 100% realistic MMO the number of players who would buy it would be less than it is already. As far as sailing into the wind, yeah you can do it but you go *extremely* slow. What type of real damage are you speaking of? You can lose crew (although they do absolutely nothing outside of boarding combat), sails, guns, armor, and structure.

I agree that taking crew casualties should have penalites for your ship handling and gunnery skills. The game could definitely use some work, but I'm afraid it'll be too little too late. They're steadily losing players on all servers.
Crew loss does affect your ship's handling and such, but it's not particularly noticeable until you lose 50% or more of your crew.

I did play when it first came out, but quickly became bored of the grind...