View Single Post
Old 04-22-17, 04:15 AM   #8
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintaw View Post
I must be doing something wrong, there are little to no cargo in this area either.

I am patrolling the funnel north of Loch Ewe, there is supposed to be a route there that leads to Reykjavík. I found a lone light merchant and sunk it with joy, but other than that... there is a dozen destroyers, a few patrol crafts and a brazilion trawlers.

Like I said, I usually travel about 40Km, do a 50m dive, go slow and listen manually to the hydrophone. I usually do about 3 revolutions, marking all the targets I can find. Surface, do another surface run and so on. Do I need to stay longer?Go deeper?

I have resorted to hunting lone destroyers (It's still early Feb 40, so I know this won't last long). While it certainly is interesting WRT the fear factor, it feels quite gamey and I know I won't be doing this for long.

PS: I resorted to the external cam, had a look at Loch Ewe, it's empty.
So, about what time period without encountered traffic we are talking about here? 7,8 or maybe 10 days or more? Are you sure that you're playing with TWoS,(post a picture of your JSGME please)

Loch Ewe shouldn't be completely empty but in some ports I have indeed "thinned" the number of docked units in order to discourage unrealistic and exploitable harbor raid attempts.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote