View Single Post
Old 02-28-10, 02:42 PM   #119
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

Before everyone starts frothing at the mouth, you can set gyro angle, but its done via the periscope. Where you aim, factoring in the rest of the solution, determines the Gyro angle.

In SH3, to get a solution on a TGT, you had to lock the periscope and frequently had to set gyro angles 1+ degrees towards the bow to make sure you hit.

I actually prefer this system since you can lock a TGT for TDC purpose and input all the data pertaining to that TGT without having the periscope itself locked to the TGT. So you can lead the TGT as little or as much as you want, making it easier to target specific sections of the ship.

Being able to manually set gyro angles would have been nice, but this system works well and hitting a TGT w. manual TDC/map updates off is as hard in this game as in SH3.

Apart from that, you get the same data as in SH3. The only one I have not found so far is "depth under keel", forcing me to guesstimate based on the map.

One major complain which I have is the manual which is as bad as the SH4 one. It is 35 pages and glosses over or does not explain many aspects of the game.

I am also having problems with the stadimeter. When you read the range from the top mast as in SH4, the range is off and of course, the manual offers no explanation. If anyone has figured it out, I would appreciate the answer as well.