View Single Post
Old 08-13-21, 06:43 PM   #3749
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DarkWolf2 View Post
Greetings,

I've been playing Fotrsu for a few weeks now and have had a couple instances of getting damaged while underwater by seemingly nothing.

The first time I had crashed dived after an aircraft contact and once down to 165 feet I reduced speed and continued on my way with time compression. Maybe 20 minutes in game time later I suddenly received damage and there was an explosion right on top of me. I figured because after diving I continued on the same heading that I was on while on the surface that the enemy continued to attack along my last known heading and got lucky. So I started changing course after crash diving 45-90 degrees (depending on the direction the enemy aircraft was approaching) and holding that heading for awhile before continuing on my original course. This worked for me for several patrols but I just had a second incident that has me scratching my head.

I was running on the surface just before dawn and detected an aircraft. I crashed dived and did my little doe see doe then continued on. As it was so close to first light I decided to just stay down and start my days submerged patrol early. I engaged time compression and about 4 hours after I dived while still at 165 feet I was knocked out of TC with "We're taking damage!", "This damaged!", "That damaged!". I went to the external camera right away and again there was a big explosion right on top of me. I have no idea the cause of the damage though, there were no vessels around, I saw no aircraft (nothing on radar after I emergency surfaced) and I was not in a mined area.

Is this some kind of glitch I am encountering or is there some other explanation? This second incident happened off the coast of japan in january 1944 if that makes any difference.

DW
DW,

welcome to

with all due respect, how do you know you were not in mine territory?
the situation sounds very much like you ran into mine country.
165 feet....that's about 50 meters.
IJN mines are set at 15 to 75 meters...depending on the location.

where off the coast were you patrolling? sea of japan? Area 4, 5, 6, 7?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote