View Single Post
Old 08-11-21, 05:27 PM   #3744
Torpex77
Helmsman

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0

"We thank you for thanking us, by golly! (Long Live Silent Hunter - the original!!!) The sounds you are referring to are "Creaks_Level1.wav", Creaks_Level2.wav", "Creaks_Level3.wav" and "Creaks_Level4.wav", found in the Data Sound folder. If I remember correctly, "1" starts and PD, the 2 at like 100-120, and I forget where 3 & 4 kick in. But the last two especially sound like the tube is getting twisted into a pretzel... lol - Those are, for the most part, what was with the original MadMax FOTRS mod, other than being turned down in level a bit, and all shortened to be less that 15 (actually, 14 to be "safe") seconds in time. If you exceed 15 seconds by any slice of a microsecond, you will introduce sound issues into the game. The background ambient sounds can be just about any length, while any FX files have to be less that 15 seconds. Do what you want with the files, but it will cost you! You have to share what you make... lol"

Awesome...Thanks for the pointers! May I ask what you suggest would be a good sound editor?
I will be happy to share them back to you.