View Single Post
Old 08-11-21, 12:48 AM   #3740
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar Re: S class shakedowns out the whazoo..???

Ahoy, propbeanie... s7rikeback...

At 1st, was undecided on where to ask this... but, on reflection, since the 1st base mod is the FotRS-U v1.6x preview... I reckon it's incumbent to post here... so... here goes.

Ok, Have a copy of SH4 set up, so as to run an S class boat career & not have it intermixed in with My other career that I started off in a Sargo boat.

That said, am in an S-18 boat, based out of D.H. 1 patrol under the belt & out on My 2nd patrol.. & is May of '42.

My 1st patrol out... I ended up with 3... 3 shakedown patrol objectives.. weird I thought but, managed to complete all of them & docked after radioing in on the completion of the 3rd such orders & got nice job, patrol where ever or head back to base.

I took the option to head back to base & dock, so ending patrol 1 with a Jyunsen B sub sank to My credit.

There in, lies My quandary, after successfully ending patrol 1 & the getting prepared to head out for patrol 2...
Of which, propbeanie... I dm'ed you here with the basics on that.. which I'll recap here.

On resupplying, & getting My sailing orders... I clicked on the map to see what the particulars where for My next sortie.

Told to stay on My toes, as IJN movement was to be expected (in short, info about the IJN plans to attempt to take Midway, since the date is the beginning of May with My being in port. which would jibe with the date of the attack on Midway.)

Any way, told to patrol an area South of Umnak Isle. for 3 days solid. In the letter that showed on getting the patrol orders, at the end it stated:

Objective: Null

Odd, in & of itself, as I have never seen that crop up like that before now.

But, I knew that I was to patrol for 3 days, so.. off I went. On the clipboard, for that particular Objective, the only thing there in relation to that objective, was the spy glass icon that clicking on that, will auto jump you to the Nav map & the area, you're to patrol.. that's it, which it did that job brilliantly.

I thence patrolled the assigned area, for the required 3 days 'solid' & got an all clear bell of completion.

Having completed the objective... I thence radioed in for new orders... when low & behold.. I get tasked to do a 4th... 4th shakedown cruise, yet again... say wha... what gives...????

Some how, I do NOT think that this is standard & methinketh that there is... ''Something rotten in the state of Denmark.''

If need be, I can forward all info...

Standing by... & signing off for now.

End report.

M. M.