View Single Post
Old 08-10-21, 07:00 PM   #3739
Torpex77
Helmsman

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0
Default FOTRS

First and Most Important..Thank You for this awesome Modificaion!! So far its looking, AND working great! I did Have a repeatable CTD with the wardroom mod so i simply disabled it.
No issues setting it up and getting it to work! Solid work Guys I am playing it slow because..well..I dont know what to expect! How cool is that!!

Back in the SH1 Days there were alot of Old WWII SUBVETS alive and I made it my job to pick their brains for knowledge. I did all this before Neal scooped me up and made me a Subsim Subject matter expert. I was wrapping up my last tour before retirement from Subs (3 Fast Attacks) so I really enjoyed helping with realism updates back before I left to be a full time single parent in 2002 or 2003. I even made a SH1 Sound Mod..LOL

So So I have only one "submarine" feedback/suggestion. The creaking sounds..is there any way to stop them, or is that a hard code thing? I know quite a bit about WWII Subs and steel, and a few creaks is fine..but not constantly or the sub would surface and look like a raisin..LOL Definately not at PD and absolutely not like Hollyweird depicts in U571. Leaks..YES as Packings and seals were mostly waxed or tarred cord or twine. Rubber O-Rings weren't invented and flanges used cork or sheet rubber.

Any How, I dont want to disturb the mod so I dont mind trying to modify the sound for myself. If thats not too involved..lol

Thank You, and a HUGE Thank You for Trying to make FOTRS Historically accurate within the confines of SH4.