View Single Post
Old 05-20-22, 08:06 AM   #4623
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArditoCorsaro View Post
Propbeanie, could be something related to my rank and the promotions? I m going to the point: when I start a campaign with S BOATS, OR V BOATS, i start usually from the rank or LT, not LTCMDR, (especially with pig boats and with cachalots), could be that after this patrol as i could got a medal or a promotion (the first attempt to return to port wasn't with 3 ships sunked but with 4, for 23000 tons, the last sinking got lost since I hadn't saved the first time before return to port I had only saves on the coast of Japan previously the last sinking), and since I changed the rank to a lower that is never assigned in the mods, it crashed?
jumping in here....
i did a bit of testing with the user rank of LT.
the user-captain playing the US-side will never receive a promotion from LT. it is a design flaw within UBI and SH4.
that user-captain-rank did not cause a problem with awards or boat upgrades, as i received several of each, and, after playing maybe a dozen missions, i never experienced a CTD.

if you are experiencing CTD, it is most likely not caused by your user-captain-rank of LT.
good luck, Herr Kaleun.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote