View Single Post
Old 12-02-22, 05:27 PM   #14
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
Maybe so, and as someone who did not buy the remaster I can only go from what I've read, and a couple friends who did purchase it. On release the instability was a major issue, but they patched it and maybe it no longer is?

Instabillity was never an mayor issue, I played 60+ hours and never had a crash happen (without mods). Other I know that played the game have the same experience.

Quote:
One friend called the UI the "most amazingly unintuitive mess of a UI that was ever made worse through conscious decision".

Perhaps my experience with worse UI's made me not hate it or like it when I played the Remaster. I believe the UI's design is brought over from the Mobile port it originally came from.

Quote:
Another friend said the agent play was intentionally made worse than it was in 2004 or whenever Rome 1 released.

The Agent playing was never compelling and this goes personally for all total war games. All I really used where spies&assasins since they had a purpose to give you intel and with a bit of luck kill of a general. So my experience in the Remaster is the same as the Original so mainly just "Meh".

Quote:
The devs seemed to think that clicking over here which would bring up a window over there, which you then needed to click away to return to the UI over here. As if the devs think that moving your mouse across the screen is compelling gameplay, and it wouldn't be my first complaint with this sort of thing in the series, so maybe not exclusive to the remaster.

I agree with you there and yes I do personally find the UI's in the TW series a hit & miss.

Quote:
Whatever the actual state of the release, and whether it affected everyone, or not, I just remain unconvinced by this release and no worries there. If folks enjoy the game that's great. For me though it was the remaster we didn't need, and one which failed to offer enough compelling improvement to warrant a purchase.

I'm just glad I can fully enjoy the game, I had luck with the original up to 10 years ago where it ran smooth and didn't crash. After that best it could do is to run choppy, low FPS and crash a lot. The Remaster fixed that and I can again fully enjoy one of my personal favorites in the TW series.