View Single Post
Old 11-29-22, 06:01 AM   #10
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Thanks for the heads-up, I put that on my list with radar contacts. First I will however try default RR, of course.

It's what I did first, play it like I remembered it when I had the first time and could barely run it on my PC back then.

Quote:
Do you know how thee mod handles save games? Must there be a relaunch from scratch (year 1) every time a new version is installed? I fear so, which could be a problem if one, like I usually do, play long term matches over severla months (when I play a couple of days, and then not again for some weeks, and then again log in a weekend or a week andn then pause again).

I believe small updates should be compatible but I'd say large updates to the mod may come with a warning that it's not save game compatible if you happen to be running a campaign already.

I usually don't seriously invest much time running a campaign with mods untill it reaches 1.0 , usually after that the updates are small, savegame compatible and large updates are far in between allowing me to play a lot of the campaign.

Quote:
In general I do not play that fanatically and intensely anymore like I did years ago.

Same here, how time flies by and things change. I may just be getting older