View Single Post
Old 12-24-07, 05:42 PM   #19
darius359au
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiclDoe
I think it should be free instead of monthly fee. Also i looked at the site and the graphics are high for me. 2.0 Pixel shader! thats high for a MMO!
Pixel shader 2.0 is old nowadays - most new games need 3.0!

The game itself is fun , Ive been in the beta for awhile now and I still enjoy playing it even with the few bugs (mainly the Swashbuckling , which is being worked on for release) , Open sea sailing isnt ultra-realistic - its there to get you from point A to B, (Sailing into the wind will slow you so Tacking is useful ), once your in a battle though its pretty good ,not a fullon sail simulator, (the dev's did mention that at one stage when they were thinking about the sailing option , they'd been thinking of going full on as a sim upto and including raiseing and lowering each sail individually ) ,but not bad, Bigger ships are a pain to try and sail close to the wind and they will stop if you turn all the way into it , throw in the current if your fighting in a current area then movement can get interesting as you try to close.

The economy is a game all by itself , everything is player made and run , I tried it and my head wanted to explode , theres no way you can make everything you need by yourself, (The Auction House isnt one of the best Ive seen and there's noway to send items to people at the moment , so trading between individuals is a bit of a problem ), good thing about it though is I can't really see how the chinese gold farmers will be much of a problem in POTBS because they need to do to much work to make Dubloons to sell

As @NefariousKoel said , best way to judge is to check it out with the beta client and see what you think.

D

Ps - if you liked Sid Miers pirates then theres a chance you may enjoy this one

PPs - thought I'd add some Sreenshots.

Unique fixer upper

His Majesties Frigate Bonhomme Richard

Last edited by darius359au; 12-24-07 at 09:36 PM.