View Single Post
Old 02-28-10, 08:29 AM   #99
Denson
Seaman

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
don't forget I am playing with map updates "on" which gives the exact range, course and speed of the ships and in that instance, the ships were only moving at 1-2 knots, so it is not very dificult.

with map updates "off" and ships zigzagging, it will be a different ball game.

I do not not know if you can carry out an underwater attack. My sound guy is only level 1, so he is not very good.

At close distance, aka 1000m even a newb soundwatch should be able to follow a merchant. But i used this way to fire torps in sh3 vs DD cruising around me. I tried to anticipate they circular path on a 5 sec basis and market crosses on my map given the hydro data . Then fired a salvo on approx future position. During the whole war 40-45 in SH3 i sunk a dozen of DD this way and saved my sub from a certain death.

It's not easy, doesn't work every time but as a sign of realism i should be abl to do so. Sh3 allowed this desperate attempt, if sh5 can't, it is NOT an improvement over SH3 in realism. This is what dev promised us, fix some unrealistic methods form sh3 like speed calculation. They promised that Hardcore player will have all the setting to their disposal at 100% realism.
Sh5 is just a different approach to the sub sim, thus it doesn't mean it is more realistic than sh3 was.

Still you played with map notification on, i wonder how full realism difficulty leve looks like.
Denson is offline   Reply With Quote