View Single Post
Old 07-21-21, 03:24 PM   #113
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

4 February 1942
Kido Butai unseen for 5 days as enemy task force activity ticks up around Solomons and Celebes Sea.

Hawaii
He sacrificed two coastal minesweepers to my coastal guns at Pearl. Haven't seen that in awhile.

Philippines
S-36 detected a large-ish fleet approaching Luzon from the west. Maybe what was going on in Singapore was a transfer of troops to the Philippines? Regardless, S-36 was counterdetected before she could fire, and there's nothing to stop them from arriving. At Clark, we're so short on supplies that I don't even think our artillery and counter-firing when we're bombarded.

Celebes
My displaced units from Makassar were finished off. I have a few more scattered troops on the east side but they aren't numerous enough to matter. For all practical purposes, Celebes has been fully pacified.

Malaya
The air campaign for Singapore was resumed with massive airstrikes--I'm counting 128 bomber sorties. Their fighter coverage was sparce though, I think they had 18 Oscars at it's peak, while my peak number of Hurricanes on CAP was 12. The fighters mostly cancelled each other out, we got 1 Oscar. But they weren't able to stop us from getting at the bombers from time to time--we got 13 of them. The bombers targeted the airfield but hit it from too high up to do real damage. We sent our bombers to Johore Barhu, trying to get more planes on the ground. Not so much this time.. we traded 2 Nates for a Hurricane, and our bombers got 3 planes on the ground at the cost of one shot down by AAA.

Borneo
20 Zeroes swept Samarninda instead of Balikpapan. A pair of P-40s assigned to patrol Balikpapan were nevertheless close enough to get involved. Badly outnumbered, one was shot down.

Coral Sea Area
We attacked enemy troops at Port Moresby, casualties were pretty even, but we have supplies and support, while they are stranded. Advantage us. Most of the subs have disappeared, but we did find one and dealt light damage to it.

Two enemy task forces are moving east on the north side of the Solomons. With the KB now missing for 5 days, if I was going to bait me with something, this is where I'd do it. I still have a huge scoutplane blind spot in that area, those guys are right on the edge of it.

China
In the north near Taiyuan, an army that's been slowly retreating was attacked by an enemy unit crossing a river. Disrupted by the crossing and outnumbered, we kicked their butts. 2863 to 13.