View Single Post
Old 11-02-20, 05:49 PM   #2127
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
LOL, The entire FORTSU mod has been the most aggravating thing in my time playing SH4. Graphics wise it looks fabulous, and the extra content is great, but looks can be deceiving and FORTSU is proving just that.

Just reading back thru the pages in this thread, you can read all the different issues with it, from wrong sub upgrade dates, to messed up bow gun add-ons, to the loss of the sonar mouse control. The list goes on.

The core problem from "my point of view" is this:

FORTSU was developed and assembled from at least 8 people, each great modders from their own standalone work. BUT all these mods they contributed failed to be meshed together properly in the FORTSU v1.24 upgrade, such that various conflicts keep manifesting as game stopping issues. propbeanie is trying to sort out these issues, but misses the irony in his blame statements regarding various reasons for the FORTSU mod to not be working for different people commenting here, since the entire FORTSU mega mod is made up of mixing mods together.

TMO was basically developed exclusively by ONE person. It's rather old, but in its basic installation, before adding additional mods, was virtually perfect. All it needs is some careful graphics and content "love" and it will blow the doors off FORTSU in its present condition.

edit> they have me listed as a closed beta tester, but the first time I ever messed with this mod was about 2 weeks ago, so this is my "beta" test and comment time, now.
Adding to what s7rikeback says, my "blame statements" have quite a bit of traction, thank you very much. Failure to properly clear the Save folder and failure to properly activate LAA are the two biggest issues we find. If it's not those, then its the mod, usually. What you are experiencing has not been reported much, if at all. I have never experienced sonar issues on the submarine, even after extensively abusing the game with high TC and shelling-out of the game, along with a few other "not recommended" practices. Besides the game not being easy to test, we have other aspects of living and breathing besides SH4. For the record, you are listed as a beta tester from back in the pre-beta days. You volunteered as such to Rockin Robbins. That would have been roughly 3+ years ago. As an aside, TMO was assembled by one person, but was parts from various other mods from other people. You might also notice the difference in the Air, Sea, Land and other folders, as FotRSU is quite a bit more extensive. The issues some have discovered, have been around since the days of the Stock game, such as the sonar issue you have. This is not a failure of the v1.24 to mesh, but rather a mis-match from the FOTRS / TMO days - oops, sorry, blaming again... As s7rikeback says, go play TMO. It is a good mod. But do NOT expect perfection from it either...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote