View Single Post
Old 12-01-22, 09:41 PM   #7
Alcon2009
Bosun

Downloads: 113
Uploads: 1

Quote:
RA takes away VLS launches from VLS capable ships. So visually, all SAM missiles launched from Tico and Arleigh were going horizontally.
I fixed this in all the VLS ships.

Quote:
The only thing I would love to see is higher max speed for VA class. 688i is about 2k tons lighter than VA, but VA has 30% more power. 688i can make 33kts, so proportionally, VA should be able to attain the same speed.
VA has a max speed of 35 kts, 688I is still on 33 and Seawolf still on 35 (40 kts for Jimmy Carter)

Quote:
Seawolf is optimized for deep ocean ASW warfare against Soviet subs, so it would have advantage in deeper diving and faster speed.
I modded the VA and Seawolf max depth values to 760 meters (2.4k feet) which is more an accurate value.

Quote:
But sensor wise, Seawolf and VA should be on par to each other.
I don't agree at all, the Virginia has Large Aperture Bow now, in the game VA now has a larger cone and the WAA update interval is 1 second. Also LAB sonar is more sensitive than Seawolf one. EDIT: I made the VA a little bit better after i did the subsim post, so the image you saw before changed a little bit.
EDIT 2: I added the Soryu class btw.

I also made diesel-electric submarines pretty quieter than nuclear ones. More realism. And made Akula quieter than 688/688i. SW and VA are also more stealth than before.

I've been done all the stuff i talked before with other submarines such at NATO or Russian ones.
TY

Last edited by Alcon2009; 12-02-22 at 10:32 AM.
Alcon2009 is offline   Reply With Quote