Thread: CAOTD vs. AOTD
View Single Post
Old 12-18-21, 02:54 AM   #22
Silent Otto
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Sorry John,

As I went through older threads, I started from pg. 32 and worked forward. Didn't get here until now.

I am working HEX Edit questions and findings here: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=240392

As some have noted, you can edit the homeport code and change homeports, but it really only changes the Captains Log. If you're in Kiel (4B=02) and change it to St. Nazaire (4B=06), the log changes but you and the sub are still at Kiel until you physically go there.

I am currently trying to work on this, to see if I change the homeport code after entering/returning port (save the game file), make the change and then save the game/patrol. This is prior to starting the next patrol where the (.sav file 00) changes.

I read another post with the same question I've always had: If BDU transfers you to a new boat (after acceptance) and orders you to "transfer immediately" and that transfer takes you to a new base, how do you get there immediately? Fly, train, drive; you can't wait two weeks while your boat gets repaired/replenished. Sometimes, it's easy; "report after your next patrol".

However, with the variation in gameplay; one time you get offered a new boat, the next time you play it to get the game file to experiment on and you don't offered the change in command.

Looking at the way this game is set up, I am beginning to think you will not be able to change "physically" from one port to another without having the boat there to begin with. I'll keep checking though, who knows.