View Single Post
Old 11-10-21, 08:50 AM   #1
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default CTD adding a SH3 ship... only sometimes.

I've come into something I had never faced before when adding ships to SH4, something I've been doing for a long time with very few failures. When I failed, the ship simply crashed the game. Always, no exceptions. It meant back to work and check all the stuff I usually check when doing this kind of work.

But now I've found a ship that crashes the museum while loading (for the ship to be considered "successfully added to SH4" I want it to display OK in museum), but only sometimes. I can start the museum and get a crash to desktop halfway the loading bar, or sometimes it loads till the end and the ship displays beautifully. I've discarded other possible causes for the crash.

The aforementioned ship is The_Frog's SH3 Southampton class cruiser. A SUPERB 3D model with a ton of textures. The ship came in a pack together with a beautiful substitute for the SH3 Fiji, and initially I wanted to add them both, but had constant crashes, so I split the pack into single ships, to try to discern what was going on.

The first time I loaded the new folder with only the Southampton the museum loaded fine.

I thought the problem was then the other ship... but I was wrong. Without loading or unloading anything in JSGME I run the game again, go to the museum to take some screenshots and... CTD . Tried many different times, and randomly sometimes it crashed, sometimes it loaded fine.

Does anybody have an idea about what could cause this apparently random behaviour? I'm kinda lost with this ship, and would hate to have to remove it from my Dark Waters installation because it looks gorgeous.