View Single Post
Old 07-07-10, 10:07 PM   #34
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
Tried it and deleted my saved career game afterwards.... starting a new one.

Don't believe I'll be cruising through my career game so easily now.
I've modeled the AI to be 'level' dependent. Level being the experience level of the crew - poor, novice, veteran, elite, etc. Each 'level' has different parameters for sensor effectiveness, available ship's speeds, etc. There are modifiers for whether they are in alert state (contact detected), damage control state (damage to ship > certain %), or alert state and damage control state at the same time.
There is still more work to be done on it. There's much more than can be done to make the AI appear to be 'smarter'. What I've done currently is just make them 'respond' and actually act like they are alive and remove the useless crap Ubi put in there that is totally unrealistic (like the follow thing).
The one thing I wish the devs would have done is given the same 'tools' to the Airplane AI. I'd love to make them do more than they currently can.
I should also be able to make the AI subs act way more intelligently and 'respond' like the ships do now.
I'd like to bounce ideas off everyone and for everyone to give input/feedback/advice on the tactics used by the ships. I'd like to model the AI to be as realistic as possible to what was then real life
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote