View Single Post
Old 04-11-10, 04:25 AM   #5
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0

Dutch. Zantham I have understood next to nothing, and I thought I know how to use manual targeting

As long as you're still learning this, you better ignore complicated methods and learn to estimate values. Get close to the target (500 - 800m), about 90degree AOB. Range can be estimated with the eye. Speed is 5-8 knots for most merchants anyway. If they're already damaged it can get down to zero so you must keep that it mind for the second torpedo.

You will miss up to 50% of torpedoes that way but that gives realistic tonnage numbers, not 50.000 tons on every patrol.

Now to using the TDC.

The labels under the dials are self explaining, if you understand them. Install the English KiUB labels if you don't know the german terms.

If we ignore the left panel (which controls just general torpedo settings), all important settings are on the right panel. For your solution you must enter:

- Speed
- Angle On Bow (AOB)
- Range

Before you can enter the values you must push the purple button (otherwise TDC is locked with the periscope). Then, directly before you shoot, push purple again, to enter the new solution into the TDC (otherwise ).

Speed, AOB and Range are the first column on the right panel:

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote