LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayOwl
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuftWolf

The files above are now the correct files.
We'll get this right the first time, sometime soon.

Cheers,
David
-+=Gray:Owl=+- :

Kara Launcher #271: 72 Missiles x 35 Reloads=2520 Pics SA-N-1 Goa....
"Nursery Of The Bugs"...
Chinese "Kuznetzov" - Still Without Weapons:hmm: .

Similar Mistakes - Hundred.
See Closely Your DBase .

Cheers :p !
You know, I've never actually closely looked at my database. At least not the vast majority of the platforms, launchers, sensors, etc. The vast majority of things in the database are exactly the same as in DW 1.04.

Adding numbers and changing parameters is very uninteresting work, and also very easy.

Beyond that, it's pretty silly to invest that sort of time into a catalogue of information accessed by something with basic flaws that make it largely irrelevant what the object parameters are.

So I've chosen to invest my time so far in improving DW in substantial ways, which has meant making changes in the most necessary places first, rather than entering a catalogue of information and calling it "realism modding" or whatever.

Ideally, someone who actually is familiar with modern navies would have been working with me at the same time to make changes to the database that aren't necessarily related to the project I was working on. However, such a person did not and still does not exist.

When there is no more work to do on the game, I'll start to polish the database, which is going to be sooner than you might think. Perhaps I've saved it for last because it really does mean the end of interesting work and the beginning of data entry, which has it's own rewards but isn't the reason I started modding DW.

BTW, the Chinese Kuz. CVG is a rusting hulk, with no weapons, in real life, owned by a Chinese holding company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayOwl
The correction of a database is displaced only to one aspect - improvement of the American platforms - if you blind I have shown where you to look in a database. Or you do not have eyes?

If this product [Lwami] wants to be worldwide employments, it is necessary to have the correct relation [Not interested ] to platforms only concerning to USA.
Of all the platforms changed by the mod, the Akula is by far the most improved. So I don't understand what you are saying. If I need to list: 1)added 65-76 2)added UGST 3) modelled two stage SS-N-27 ASW 4) added stealth launch to Shkval 5) added APR-3 to Stallion 6) increased the maximum speed of the P971U to 35kts 7) I gave the Gepard class P971A's a 10kts tactical speed, which is a 3kts advantage over Vepr' or P971U AND added three playable Modified hull designations. None of these are mere cosmetic changes, all of them add significant capabilities to the Akula.

On top of that I have "russified" the Russian and Chinese platform designations and added many Russian and Chinese playable hulls in addition to the game.

There are literally hundreds of places you could point to in the database and pull out whatever degree of ineptitude and bias you want from me, but if those same places are in the stock database, then it means I haven't gotten to it yet not that I've made any conscious effort to set things that way.

If you have some suggestions that do not fall into the catagory of something I OBVIOUSLY have to change when I have the time, please let me know.

I depend on feedback for this project to be successful.

Cheers,
David

Last edited by LuftWolf; 02-12-07 at 02:03 AM.
LuftWolf is offline   Reply With Quote