View Single Post
Old 05-29-23, 02:38 AM   #3
jsm4518
Nub

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 0

I have recently discovered that it is possible to replace mobile mines with cruise missiles in the wpnloadout file by using a hex editor to replace the entity index number of the former with the later (ie replacing all 34 instances of the integer 1586 with 1545 in the alfa's wpnloadout.dll file replaces the SMDM with the SS-N-21 LAM. You also have to add the 1545.bmp file to the wpnloadoutKilo.grp or it will crash in the weapon selection menu). With this method you can only set the target waypoint (the fire control f6 menu doesnt seem to recognize that the weapon has changed and just brings up the programming interface for the original weapon and this is why you need to replace a mine or another cruise missile) and it appears to lack the launch restrictions on depth and speed but it works unlike my failed attempts at modifying doctrine files to make the SS-N-15&16 act as nuclear sub launched SRBMs for land attack missions

If you only want to play a particular mission that requires a cruise missile strike and dont want the change to be permanant it is should also possible to modify only the .lod file in the Dangerous Waters folder (ie the 344_589_New Player.lod file for the alfa). Simply set up the mission in game by loading mines in place of the cruise missiles you want in the weapon selection then exit the game and use a hex editor to replace the weapons indexes in the .lod file. This can be reset by simply deleting the lod file and if you dont open the weapon selection menu when restarting the mission it shouldnt crash if you havent added the bmp file

I post this here in case people come to this thread looking for a solution to a similar problem as mine
jsm4518 is offline   Reply With Quote