View Single Post
Old 07-04-21, 02:15 PM   #8
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 816
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Well my first impressions were not over the moon as I still have my SH5 WOS loaded but I stuck with it and started to enjoy it more.

I really like the fact that you can really manage your crews and so spend some time creating my own sea watches and shifts etc and prioritising the work of the officers and assigning specific sailors to specific tasks.

Once I got familiar with the UI it became more fun with being able to wander around my boat and just enjoy the graphics - which are superb but I still kind of prefer the internal sub graphics of SH5 but each to his own.

I have not completed a mission as I had to restart a new campaign in order to get my extra radio music working and now have one for Germany and one for England and that makes the game great for me as I love to cruise real time and just chill.

I cannot really speak about combat other than using the automatic targetting which works fine but eventually I will download a TDC mod to make it more realistic.

Modding from the workshop is very straight forward and there appears to be something there for everyone.

I like the look of the tech tree and the way it is implemented.

For more realism - at this moment in time - I would say that both SH3 GWX and SH5 WOS are superior but UB makes a nice change and is till under development.

In short, I am enjoying playing it and would recommend it as a buy.
Thank you for your appreciation .. I agree on the management of the crew which is more successful than the Sh series .. on the other hand the crew in the submarine .. they are still too stupid .. besides I would have liked to be able to give direct orders with a realistic chain of command with each NPC playing ... regarding the TDC you have a mod that is very well explained on steam who should be part of the game! but even with the TDC I find that the immersion is not at the rendezvous during the attack phases .. approach or other .. as I said the sound is really bad here .. it totally weighs down the immersion especially the dialogues. .not talking about the atmosphere in the Uboat I just installed update 11 the navigation is too rigid !!! no feeling !! during the phases of diving .. or well surface .. no inerçie .. in the building it is worse ... all the gauges just still do not work .. a shame anyway for a game of Uboat .. it is arcade bar point .. moreover the Uboat has a funny way of navigating .. because even at the quay .. it is fixed and does not move .. a bit !! at sea one has the impression that he has an axis is eye forward and backward very bad I think .. for a game which is supposedly not arcade .. no?
Okay now let's wait for the updates Wait..Wait..Wait ..
oh yes the KriegsMarine will see the uzo it would be ashamed .. a sophisticated device developed by Zeiss..d elsewhere I like all the German technology which is all point superior to everyone here at the time ... moreover if you go in the space today ei eh ... !!! and even today they are still very good ...https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...ostcount=15896
good take pleasure with this one .. once again thank you for your comments but would like you to talk more about navigation .. best regards KM_U669

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 07-04-21 at 04:25 PM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote