View Single Post
Old 01-08-15, 12:00 PM   #7
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
The couple of trials I have made are quite simple and all validated. I have tested them with the "time" testing tool, too. They work. I have a distinct feeling there is something peculiar with the folder or file arrangements in the game as I find the saved folder/files when I try to open them through the ME but not when opening them through Windows. It is as if the game either refuse to accept - or show them.
I'm suspecting the mission is not being "saved" in the right, or complete path. As I pointed out, save your mission using the "Save (normal mission) as...." heading under the "File" menu. This gives you complete control as to where the mission will be saved. Go-back several folder's in your Path menu box (as far back as the C:/ drive) to make sure your "saving" the mission in the correct game folder. Once your in the correct "Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific" main game folder, the correct path should read "Data/SingleMissions/xxx/ (the folder that has the exact name as your xxx.mis file).

I do see some differences between the SHIII Mission Editor and the SH4 ME. Besides the SHIII missions needing to be placed in either the "English" or "German" language version Folders; the SHIII ME does not create a .tsr file, but rather makes a .cfg file to go along with the .mis file. I'm convinced that there is no way a mission from SHIII will work in SH4.

When "saving" your mission with the SH4 ME the .tsr file is automatically included along with the .mis file. Some of the stock game missions have a picture of a map that go along with the mission briefing.....that's what the .tga image file is for within the mission Folder.

Oh, I forgot you have SH4 version 1.4. Well, you're in luck. I've got an edition of Optical Targeting Correction just for version 1.4 found HERE. It's got the same Free Camera as the other editions. I would suggest you get a finished mission up and working first before installing JSGME and any mods to give you a better Free Camera.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 01-08-15 at 12:56 PM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote