Old 01-12-19, 01:39 PM   #43
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Sorry for the late replies guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaowl View Post
Yeah, but without enhanced ports the next imported vessel should be some large container ship, painted in weird camouflage patterns.
My captains here are complaining bitterly about this strange drawn-out crates, which
do not fit into the holds of their ships and are blocking the docks unnecessarily.
Tought I have seen recently some nice looking cargo in GR2 format into the library. Could be trying something myself.
I am sorry to disappoint you but I think there were neither intermodal containers nor container ships until late 40s - early 50s, the earliest cointaner ships being T2 tankers converted post WWII

Prior to their advent, general cargo ships and bulk carriers were used instead. The latter category was not very common though as it was mostly limited to coastal traffic.

Quote:
It really works!
Great workaround! Thank you a lot!

Quote:
Flakmonkeys lighthouse is still looking great now in SH5. Only drawback: the model has obviously the same LOD-trouble like Lange Anna in Helgoland.
Later today I will open up an own lighthouse thread for SH5 and post some screens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
IF the dat has the Unifiedrender controller?
There is an LOD setting. Try changing those.
If your using an SH3 file? Run SH3 to SH4 on it and it will update the files to SH4 standards.
Quote:
Gosh! Jeff, thank you! I had deleted all controllers inside the .dat, because I tought it is necessary to rebuild them separately into a .sim file with granny editor.
But now I took simply the original file and it works. Lighthouse is not fading, fresnel is working.
Have to test a little bit more, how far away the light is visible etc.
MinRenderDim: that's probably the controller that fixed the too short lighthouse LOD distance. Unfortunately the Unifiedrender controller is not compatible with GR2 objects, but I am going to check if MinRenderDim can be used instead. I think it won't work, but you never know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Can you sent me the files for that Unit?

Edit: Never mind. Dl'd the install and found a reference in the roster files that point to a Normals texture that does not exist.
NHOSP does have the normals UV's but no Normals texture is in it's folder.
NSHOS does NOT have Normals UV's so should NOT have a Normals texture pointed to it.

Solution should be to add the normals texture to NHOSP folder and then delete the Roster NSOHP pointer to the Normals texture.

Now a simple way to check ALL dat files for the second or Normals UV mappings?
Run a scan with 010 to find all files that contain TMAP
Searching only .dat files.
Well spotted Jeff. I will check that and inform Vecko as soon as I will see him online
gap is offline   Reply With Quote