Old 09-04-10, 08:25 AM   #26
Konovalov
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMattJ. View Post
dollars of course.
Ok so USD $. Take a look at Toms Hardware linked here: Best Graphics Cards For The Money: August 2010. Three types of cards to go for. In the USD $100 pricepoint you can choose between the Radeon HD4850 1GB or the Nvidia GTS250 1GB. Only negative with either of these is that they do not offer DX11. For a bit more (USD $135) you could get a Radeon HD5750 1GB card which is a bit faster than the other two cards and also has DX11 support for newer games.

Quote:
and how am i ever going to manually look at it.
Simply open up your computer case side panel and look on the side of the power supply. It should have a label with all the specs. System integrators like Gateway Computers use generic power supplies and they tend not to be fantastic.

Quote:
i think ill try the website.

Edit: i have a GX 4200-09 Series. It says info on models may vary, and it gave 3 numbers.

300 W/400 W/500 W
I think you might mean a Gateway DX 4200-09 such as is this link and not GX. This info on the website is all generic by the sounds of it from Gateway. You really need to do what I suggested above and open up your case. My gut feeling is that you may need to upgrade your PSU. But check inside your case first.

Tell us how you go with the power supply info.
"In a Christian context, sexuality is traditionally seen as a consequence of the Fall, but for Muslims, it is an anticipation of paradise. So I can say, I think, that I was validly converted to Islam by a teenage French Jewish nudist." Sheikh Abdul-Hakim Murad (Timothy Winter)
Konovalov is offline   Reply With Quote