Old 04-21-20, 11:14 AM   #791
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
Is this still not possible?

If not, would it be possible to change the range scale on the deck gun, and map tools, to read feet instead of yards? Or make it user's preference which is displayed?

For the deck gun, I understand the reticle art is probably set in stone/too much work to change. Maybe you could add an onscreen display showing both yards AND feet?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
Holy cow, I didn't realize you guys had included combined arms operations in this mod. That's awesome!

Right now I am still in the part of the war where the US is getting pushed back east, so there's no air support available where I'm patrolling.
The game displays what it displays, how it wants to. There is a global choice between metric and imperial. That's it. As Nisgeis found out when doing his "3D TDC and Radar Range Unit" mod, the radar is meters no matter which "global" setting you choose. For two drawn scale lines to represent a given distance, you would need a separate drawing for each unit of measure. If you instead have the line represent a percentage of a scale, that makes things a bit easier for the dev, but more difficult for the player to deal with. For the most part, it is what it is. Just know that a nautical mile is 2025 yards, not the 1760 of a land mile. If it takes an hour to go one nautical mile, you've traveled at one knot. A nautical mile is 1.85 kilometers, or 1852 meters...

As to "combined operations", the game has always had that. It's just that the Stock game didn't "advance" the front lines the way the mods do. So long as there are resources available, you will get support from both Sea and Air. That's not to say they are the smartest bunch that come try to help you out...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote