View Single Post
Old 04-19-20, 02:31 PM   #788
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

OK, here is Part 2 of the above video. In it, notice that radar picks-up an airplane on the fringe of its capability in the lower-right corner of the screen. The plane is traveling practically straight north, and seems to fly "under" the island's mountain. I try to chase after it, but never do find it. A bit later, it "reports" on SD radar again, to the north of the island, behind our sub, and then flies off the screen. A little later, it will report on SD again, flying south, and further to the east. This time though, I did get a "Radar contact, bearing..." message from the crew, and the plane then crashed into the mountain on the island. I tried to find the plane, but I was not able to. A while later, you see a "Rescue_Raft" reporting on land on the SD, south of the crash site... there is no way that was a visual report, it being on the other side of a ridge, and there is no "vocalization" of it being ID'd. Using the external camera, I could not find the raft either. But notice that it is spawned on land. I searched both above and below the scenery, multiple times. A while even-later, and there is the report of a "Radar contact, bearing", and I watch it fly into the mountain of the other island. Using the external camera, I go over there, and find the plane right away, hanging on the side of the "invisible" mountain, which of course, has not rendered because it is out of line-of-sight of the submarine's location. But notice how the "survivor" fell through to the water? This is under the "terrain". Notice also, on the NavMap that the game does not report a "Survivor", though we saw it there... Now, when I went to exit the scenario, the game crashed immediately after the request. No Main menu, just CTD. I also could not load a Save of the scenario... My guess is that the game is getting messed-up by our use of a modder-built Rescue_Raft, which if this is the case, is very disappointing. More testing is being conducted before we release the update, after maybe having removed said Rescue_Raft and all references to it in the Campaign (about 15 missions with multiple uses of the asset)... sigh...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote