View Single Post
Old 04-18-20, 09:31 AM   #783
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
Probably a dumb idea, but is it supposed to be possible to play a U-boat career with FotRS:UE installed?

I've been trying, but I keep getting crashes and graphical glitches. Wondering if I need to roll back to vanilla SH4:UBM.
The German side of FotRSU should run, though it is basically the Stock game, with the only changes to the files being compliant calls for the ships and planes. The Stock campaign on the German side has all sorts of issues with the way they built it, and you will see all sorts of issues around harbors and the like, with ships spawned into each other, docks and land masses. But it should run, if you have the mod activated correctly. Be sure and consult the Support folder in the mod for any install help. They are basically the same set of instructions that every mod is bound by due to Windows and UAC. As Jeff-Groves suggests though, Dark Waters is the way to go if you want a German career in SH4. Fifi (the mod author) took Operation Monsun and added to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
... (pb edits)... Ok, with regards to in game.. noticed that on island of Formosa, that on the southern end, roughly SW direction.. there is a city/port missing named Takao...

... I came across a merchant (Med. Modern Split merchant? or was that last Transport, don't have game up right now.. but any way...)

I engaged & sunk it, yet... did NOT have it show up in the log that I sank it... much less, have a ship sunk icon appear on the map showing where I sunk it, either...
Duly noted of the missing of Takao. It is one of several actually, of rather important ports missing in the game, in spite of over five updates to the game over the years. I do have Takao added-in though, but mostly as just a spot on the map for now. We'll have to add more traffic in the area later.

As for the ship and not getting a sunk icon nor credit for it (those go hand-in-hand), we almost need for you to try and identify that ship somehow. If you happen to have a Save from just before that. Load the Save, fast forward (TCx whatever), identify the ship (no need to sink it again), then exit without Saving, and let us know. If you cannot accomplish that, no big deal. We are going through the Roster again before we release what we have for an update - which is NOT backwards compatible, ~again~, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
April 12 1943, USS Wahoo, mission is to patrol Truck Lagoon for 5 days, shouldn't that be Truk Lagoon?.
- I will not lay claim to the mis-spelling, but I will lay claim to having forgotten to "fix" that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Just realized, some info I missed making known when I originally posted... (pb edits)... As best as I know, those were clear cut dead on the $$$ & should have been by all rights, kill shots...
We have found several ships over time with this sort of issue, and as s7rikeback mentions, we've had to re-link the zon files to the rest of the ship. Anyone else having difficulty sinking a ship should let us know. If you would have hit under the conn of that ship (zone 2), it probably would have sunk. Did you see "puff" smoke after your torps hit and you saw the big "explosions"? The "puffs" seem to be a Stock default response. One thing to remember about the game's "dud" chances, is that the torps can run over 10 foot deep from what they are set, even the impact runs, and as such, if you have a shallow ship, and the torp runs deep, say at 19 foot instead of 8, then you are on the limit of the damage zone of the torpedo explosion, and might not have realized the full potential of damage to the ship with that. The impact pistol should have been sufficient though, to take it out...

By the way folks - we do thank you for all of your observations. We have found issues that we were not aware of existing until you have pointed out your observantions of the mod in-action... Thanks! The mod is better for it.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 04-18-20 at 09:36 AM. Reason: War ded yu larn to sprell boih?...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote