View Single Post
Old 04-18-20, 05:43 AM   #782
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1110
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Just realized, some info I missed making known when I originally posted, the exploder was set for mag det, depth I had 1 fish set for was rough guess, 3.5' to 4', again rough guess because anything below 5' on the depth setter, is not graduated that I can see of. The 2nd was set to go under by 2'-3' feet below it...

Not sure if that will have any effect or not with the 1 I had set up for hitting the ship in the side, rather than going for a underbelly shot... the ship in question was drafted in the recog manual, as being 6'-6.5', as I recall.

Can cross check that, if need be... just not right now, as am headed off to grab some rack time, after I send this reply off.

I can check after I grab some navy mud, after surfacing my carcass from the rack.

As for when the fish got there, the 1 I set to impact the ship near the waterline or side of the ship, impacted/went off near the aft, just before the props area. The underbelly shot, went off, just after the funnels and just before the 1st anti air gun heading aft from there... rough guess... both explosions were very much clearly evident, throwing up fireball as well as what am guessing would be water plumes clawing for the skies.

As best as I know, those were clear cut dead on the $$$ & should have been by all rights, kill shots. Only reason I sent 2, was that I do have the dud factor selection in the options menu turned on. Know that with the Mk XIV's, they had serious issues during the war for a fair bit of time, before Bureau of Ordance got that snafu straightened out (18 months or more... ) so, to be safe... I sent 2...

Just started a new career & still do have the career that ended with my demise, still hot listed in the load menu at the main menu.
Okay, I have adjusted the damage model within the .zon file..
I made a simple mission, with the newly edited files.
After two torpedo hits...

I will keep testing, to make sure, and make further adjustments if needed.