Old 12-15-21, 04:34 PM   #7
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

Icon10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
First thought is shore batteries, just outside your visual range.

Second thought is hit a small plot of land, but did not run aground, glanced it, have had that happen off China coast before, plenty of those little islands in SW pacific as well.

Third, is submerged AI enemy submarine torpedoed you? They are present in FOTRS and now TMO as well. I've yet be torpedoed in either mod, but had some close calls, by a enemy submarine but I recall in SH 4 torpedoes hitting your sub do not cause the damage to player sub would expect i.e. does not outright sink your sub as it should.

Possible running at TC your sensors did not detect the sub before it fired and thus seems like it came from nowhere.
*sighs*

Leave it to chalk up another thing, that Ubi, screwed the pooch on...

Lack of any getting message/s of enemy fire incoming.

If you're NOT in high TC... only warning you'll end up getting, is that of the crew, yelling out... "We're taking damage/s, Sir.!"

Otherwise... if you're rolling like a cannonball in any TC setting other than 1TC... you won't know squat, until after the fact... & in some cases... too dang late to do anything, except learn how to be a fish... (See "Incredible Mr. Limpet"... )

M. M.