View Single Post
Old 03-27-16, 04:42 PM   #2
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlueYonder View Post
I am having lots of fun in SH3 GWX, I'm currently sitting on over 400k in 6-7 patrols while using manual TDC, it's been great fun so far learning all of how to intercept a convoy etc.

But as the title says, since it was the ubisoft weekend on steam I bought both IV and V there...well, I figured I'd start form SHV. I downloaded (it shipped as 1.2 version) and immediately looked for mods but was woefully unprepared for the task, which seems very daunting...especially considering how the steam version is unsuited for modding it seems.

So basically I have 2 questions as of now:
1) Do I need to rebuy those 2 games? If so, I heard there was a way to buy the download version (no DVD if possible) from Amazon and support subsim at the same time, any link?

2) Tough question but...sobers or Wolves of Steel? The latter seems MUCH easier to install, but gameplay wise, any idea?

Thanks guys! (Happy Easter btw )
heya first of all

1. really bad decision to buy Sh5 from Steam cos TDW's Generic patcher doesn't support steam version of the game there is a fix but i can not guaranty for that one here is the link how to use the tdw's patcher with the steam version of the game.
  2. before install any mods or patch the game with tdw's patcher click on the link in my signature and read there pls
  3. if u don't wanna mess up with tonnes of mods and mods incompatibility i suggest u TWOS.
  4. if u wanna make your own mod list then i suggest u to follow sober mod list and load order link
  5. For my mod list link in signature but my mod list is based on MagUI which one is nothing else then Makman's UI for SH3.
  6. link to buy if from amazon and support subsim
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote