View Single Post
Old 07-20-15, 09:46 PM   #59
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
One thing I was taught a long time ago, if you want to criticize how someone does something, you better have a good alternative to offer; otherwise, all you have is useless words restating the obvious to no constructive end...
Ah yes, I heard this as well of course.
Thing is, I think it is neither right nor realistic.

I criticize the way it is done because it is a crime, nothing less.
According to you, I lose the right to speak out against it because I am no general in the military, able to find another way to deal with it?

I may be wrong but... are you creating a straw man here?
Genuine question since the problem and (off)topic is the knowingly killing civilians to achieve a 'good kill', not what strategy is best.
Again, civilian lives should have priority.
Something tells me you would think differently when you would be among these civilians. Am I right?

Quote:
Oh, and you are right: it isn't your war...yet.
If it will be my war some day, I say the same as I say now - stop to willingly kill civilians just to strike a target.

Wrong is wrong.
Nothing to do with moral superiority, just with being a human being with morals at all.

Also, why is it just about the IS all the sudden?
The drone strike problem I'm referring to has nothing to do with IS since it goes way back.
What happened to 15 years of AQA and AQI?
Gone and forgotten?

Quote:
If ISIL and the rest are not stopped, you may have a rather uncomfortable problem with also those middle eastern Muslim refugees entering your country and the Muslim extremists who will use the refugees as a cover for their activities. But, of course, you'll subdue them, their bombings, beheadings and such with your sparkling rhetoric...
Hardly, I am not that rhetoric, but thank you.
"If" they do this or that, we will see.
Remember, I never said it is wrong to fight them, I said treating foreign civilians as expendable is.
Remember also that I asked you why kicking their doors in with US ground forces is not an option,
I'm still waiting for your answer on that and I think I have given answers to your questions now, did I?
Quote:
Good luck to you and remember, the vile US has sworn to help you, not that you seem to need it by you account...
The vile US have sworn to help me only because it helps them.
You are a smart person, you know that countries don't have friends, only interests.
Let's not act as if our countries are best friends forever. Politicians and lobbies rule both our countries, ruining them in the long run (I think), so don't be so hurt over me not giving a damn about the 'selfless act of comradeship' from the US. It is all a farce anyways - unfortunately!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
But it's a vast improvement over dropping a Hellfire into a marketplace or a wedding.
Indeed!
Thing is, a Hellfire or GBU is totally fine - if not dropped voluntarily on civilians.

It is beyond me how, apparently, so many people don't give a flying jack about this. I'm probably too much of a liberal... or was it communist... marxist maybe?
Wait, I'm German, must be a Nazi then. Or just a tree-hugger afterall for caring about people? All of it maybe? Sissy, softy, ...Mangina?

In the end I don't care what I might be labelled, I don't need to be afraid of not being able to look in the mirror anymore because I'm OK with murdering people.
(Not directed towards you vienna.)

Addendum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna
sometimes the next time they are seen is the only chance you may have to eliminate them...
Too bad for Fatma and her kids in the yard next to the target building then...