View Single Post
Old 07-20-15, 08:12 PM   #55
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
What, exactly, and with detail, would you propose as a precise alternative or precise alternatives to the current situation and process.
I thought it was obvious.
My complaint is that, in the drone program, collateral damage is accepted - which disgusts me, especially because of the double-moral standards.
First, the US diminishes terror attacks where civilians die as an act of cowardice.
Then, they kill civilians themselves with untouchable drones.
Since the casualties are accepted(!) to happen, it is the same crap these Islamist scumbags do.

Both sides want to destroy each other/pursue their goals.
Both sides accept civilian casualties as long as the 'target' gets destroyed or the 'cause' is enforced.

The only difference is the reason both sides take civilian casualties with a grain of salt.
(Yes, terrorists do care. No terrorist just wants to destroy everyone and everything, he fights for a cause - as stupid as it might be.)

One side hates the negative publicity because it might turn new recruits away.
The other side is afraid to lose the regional influence/trust.
Who is who, though?

I don't know about you, but this attitude just doesn't work out for me.
Does it for you?

Anyways!
Why, according to you, do I have the responsibility to find an alternative to these criminal acts anyways?
It isn't my war, I do not participate in it and it is under no circumstances my responsibility to find a legal and sufficient strategy that
gets the job done while actually respecting the civilian lives involved and that does not contradict with nearly everything the country/military that applies these strategies claims to stand for.

But!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Other than walking up to each of them individually and shooting them one by one.
There you go - why is this not an option?
I thought the American military is the best anyways, how hard can it be to take this war of terror, I mean war against terror, to a more personal level and minimize the risk of civilian casualties,
or at least start to not spit on these people by declaring them expendable?
America F yeah... and all that.

What?
High US casualties? Oh...well... maybe err don't join the military?

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Why should I care if ISIS likes us?
First line and you already justify what he said, amazing August is amazing!

Quote:
Maybe worrying too much about what terrorists think of us is the real problem here.
Maybe not worrying too much about what terrorists think of us is the real problem here.
People are not terrorists by birth, they become terrorists for various reasons. Dropping explosives on their families, homes and countries might not exactly help preventing terrorism to flower.

Quote:
The Chamberlinian attitude that if we just try to get along with them they'll leave us alone is the height of foolishness.
You wouldn't know...