View Single Post
Old 11-25-22, 01:57 PM   #188
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 0

Default Thank you very much!

After being away for over two years (got busy during the pandemic building a new model RR layout), I re-embarked and discovered the LSH3 2020 version and 2022HD version.

I have been playing LSH3-2015 since it was released and have really enjoyed the immersion provided by the LSH3 Team. After looking over the 2020 and 2022HD versions and reading through the comments, I decided to see if 2022HD would load and function on my eleven-year-old Alienware Area 51 using Windows 7 (I thoroughly dislike Windows 10 and will avoid any "upgraded OS" or other Microsoft garbage as long as I can keep the old rig running).

Somewhat to my surprise, the package downloaded and installed without incident and got past Windows Defender without any heartburn. So far, the Naval Academy Exams are running perfectly. I did have to reposition the notepad in the hydrophone station and there is a little "squeezing" of the screen image, my 30-inch Dell monitor has native resolution of 2560X1600 (8:5), but nothing to get upset about.

I'll be doing some "tweaking" to adjust a few things and particularly to replace the uniforms and get a more informal atmosphere in the boat before starting a career in Commander. But I don't really remember anything that I did that caused a problem with V15, so hopefully everything will continue to run smoothly.

I was very saddened to hear of the passing of several of the LSH3 Team members, particularly sorry about Urmel. We had several e-mail "conversations" a few years ago and exchanged some ideas about submarine technology and terminology; I'm sorry I can't thank him personally for his role in producing this wonderful Super-Mod. However, I will be making a donation to the Team to thank the rest of you all for your dedication to keeping SH3 alive and well.

Many thanks...and "Good Hunting" to you all.
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote