View Single Post
Old 11-07-06, 04:15 PM   #92
robj250
Sea Lord

Location: Port Hardy, BC, Canada 75 yo with M.S. & C.O.P.D. & heart problems
Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Okay. I usually run at TC 128 (let's say out in the Atlantic Ocean) and as soon as my Watchman (who has been qualified as Watchman) spots a ship (in SH3 you got the screen to make 3 choices and you cannot break TC until you answer one of those choices, then I immediately break TC.

Now, using TGW1.1a, I have yet to have a ship spotted by my Watchman (who is qualified) after leaving Wilhemlshaven, either in the daytime or night time. But Just now, in Grid AN95 my Watchman spotted a submarine on the surface (I had no screen come up with me having to make choices). It was a clear night 0157. Through the periscope I checked the distance and it was 1659 m. So I would have had plenty of time to make a normal dive if I had needed to. I was in TC at the time (probably 128) so I would have had to dive had it been an enemy ship. I'm sorry, but I cannot recall whether the TC dropped to 1 itself or whether I pressed "break" and then +.

This is only my 2nd patrol using Grey Wolves and in my last patrol, my Watchman never spotted a ship.

But in SH3, I would go to periscope depth so I could not be spotted.

Last edited by robj250; 11-07-06 at 04:18 PM.
robj250 is offline   Reply With Quote