View Single Post
Old 07-02-22, 09:15 AM   #10
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patriotofmany View Post
Not trying ti jinx myself, but it appears I have much better luck hitting save waiting a few minutes, then resume the game for about 20 seconds and flat out quit. I was even able to recover a bad one after a corrupt save using that method, by starting a good one and then loading the bad one. Seems when i go through the 4-5 menus even taking two minutes to three minutes per click to save and end the game, I have the most failures. Think I'll stick to saving and waiting a few minutes then resuming. Wait a minute after resume and just quit the game. Anybody else find this more stable?
i save when there are no other ships detected, when i am not near a coastline with an airfield or battery, when i have moved off from the are where i have sunk ships.
i never save and then reload...any saved game. i always exit and return to play the saved game.
there are probably a couple more do's/don't's that i follow and i just cannot remember them at this time.

i used to have save/reload issues, especially with OpM, and over time i have developed the best practices i have outlined above and now i have less issues.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote