View Single Post
Old 11-29-21, 10:46 AM   #244
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Yes, you are in early war when certain technologies were not yet in service.

SJ Radar (surface search) per history is not available until June 1942, so it is not active. I wish we could make the radar cabinets disappear until we have it, but we can't. Something the devs should have fixed, but of course did not.

SD(air search) is not available until late Dec 41 and it costs a lot of renown until around Mar 1943. This was changed because at time US entered the war, SD was a new technology and most boats (especially Asiatic boats and S boats) did not have SD at start of the war.
this is documented and i misunderstood, mostly because i saw the displays. that's on me.

Quote:
Decoys are not available until August 1944. They should have never been available from start of war, as were in stock and honestly JulyAugust 1944 is a little early as I do not believe anyone actually went on patrol with the SBT-1 until November of 44, but I did not change it in the first release. The mod increases the number, but you have to wait until they are available.
i did not read the docs on this mod. i saw it and enabled it thinking that decoys would be available early.

Quote:
The AA guns will not work manually unless submarine is at General Quarters or have ordered the actual deck manned. This is because the AA guns, in order to shoot at surface targets are classified as deck guns now by the sim and are linked(I have no idea how to remedy this), and at this time there is no way to make them multi purpose. I am guessing in the training you were at GQ or had the guns ordered manned, so they become active and ability to fire manually.

So assuming you want them to shoot at surface targets, keep the AA to Deck Gun+Radio mod enabled. When you see a surface target, call GQ or order deck gun manned and you if desire can man and fire the gun manually then.

I thought I explained this in the README, if I did not or was not detailed enough, I apologize and will make sure next README covers this.
this one will take a bit of time to get used to. the situation i experienced within the career included being at GQ with the position manned and ready. when i attempted to man the AA gun manually, it would not operate at all, which was NOT the same behaviour when we were in sub school. that made it confusing.

Quote:
What is the mod TMO BH MTB fixes? I do not recall that mod...
that mod has fixes for all of the date, cfg, sns errors. it is easier to keep all of those in a separate mod. i sent you the error log via PM. Hopefully, they will be fixed in a future release and i can drop this mod from the list.

OTC is not compatible with the TMO update as from what I understand, others who try have had CTD. The creator of OTC or somehow are welcome to try make it compatible with my TMO mod.[/QUOTE]

ok. thanks for clarifying.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote