Old 11-29-21, 01:06 AM   #243
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
Hey BH,

i finally completed my Dark Waters career which allowed me to clear the decks and load up your new TMO redux. it has generated a couple of questions.

driving a Porpoise out of Pearl, December 1941.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\TMO_BH\MODS]

100 TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5_UpdateBH Revised Final
110 Nav Map MakeOverTMOUpdate
120 NavMapMakeOverTMOUpdatePatch
130 AlliedShipsTMO
140 ShipsforTMO
150 EAX_Sound_Sim_SH4
160 TMO2_different_smoke_and_splash_effects
170 IJN_Radar_Fix_2
200 DecoysTMO
210 RestoreSDRadarFromStart
220 AAtoDeckguns+Radio
800 TMO_BH_Fixes_MTB

The surface radar will not operate. it's installed but no display and no detection of the enemy.

also, no decoys are available, even though i loaded the mod.

next, the 20 mm AA gun, which operated just fine in sub school, will not operate, will not even load its ammo.

lastly, (for now), will the 1.5_Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for TMO 2.5 mod work with your TMO-Redux?

Enjoying the play. thanks.
Yes, you are in early war when certain technologies were not yet in service.

SJ Radar (surface search) per history is not available until June 1942, so it is not active. I wish we could make the radar cabinets disappear until we have it, but we can't. Something the devs should have fixed, but of course did not.

SD(air search) is not available until late Dec 41 and it costs a lot of renown until around Mar 1943. This was changed because at time US entered the war, SD was a new technology and most boats (especially Asiatic boats and S boats) did not have SD at start of the war. This forces player to operate in a different manner, in a historical manner as early boats did since running on surface is risky. I included the SD from start mod, primarily so if player was operating one of the boats that did have it, they could have it. Some may not like playing without air search radar, so have it as well. I do advise giving a try without it, really is immersive and lets player see a real difference as time goes on when they have various technologies and can change tactics, as US submarines did in reality.

Decoys are not available until August 1944. They should have never been available from start of war, as were in stock and honestly JulyAugust 1944 is a little early as I do not believe anyone actually went on patrol with the SBT-1 until November of 44, but I did not change it in the first release. The mod increases the number, but you have to wait until they are available.

The AA guns will not work manually unless submarine is at General Quarters or have ordered the actual deck manned. This is because the AA guns, in order to shoot at surface targets are classified as deck guns now by the sim and are linked(I have no idea how to remedy this), and at this time there is no way to make them multi purpose. I am guessing in the training you were at GQ or had the guns ordered manned, so they become active and ability to fire manually.

So assuming you want them to shoot at surface targets, keep the AA to Deck Gun+Radio mod enabled. When you see a surface target, call GQ or order deck gun manned and you if desire can man and fire the gun manually then.

I thought I explained this in the README, if I did not or was not detailed enough, I apologize and will make sure next README covers this.

What is the mod TMO BH MTB fixes? I do not recall that mod...

OTC is not compatible with the TMO update as from what I understand, others who try have had CTD. The creator of OTC or somehow are welcome to try make it compatible with my TMO mod.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote