View Single Post
Old 10-10-21, 07:13 PM   #11
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0

Your posts are inspirational to me.
And I too have very soft spot for some of the old simulations.

Although I prefer to try to work them on the modern systems (and sometimes that makes me want to cry!). Still, I am of the opinion that modern hardware with all the associated horse power gives the right environment to experience old games without worrying about FPS and all that performance stuff. I realize that 3dfx drivers for Voodoo cards gave some of the games very special flavor, but I am not sure if that is really the case or that was just that we were awestricken with then what you would consider better graphics or we simply did not know any better.

I run M1TP2 on Win10 64 on dgVoodo2 glide wrapper and with some help of DXWnd configuration program. Sounds may be complicated but it is really not.

Be as it may, I leave you to your old Aptiva as long as it works for you.

About M1TP2 in general: I have recently scoured the internet and recovered an entire wealth of old articles, tactical guides, and quite nifty modding tools. I gladly share that with you or anyone interested. Unfortunately, just like you were a little disappointed with the game vs depiction of things in the manual, I was also saddened to discover that a rather primitive terrain and perhaps simplistic gameplay gave me no deeper satisfaction I was hoping for in reviving this game.

By no means do I say this to discourage you from exploring this tank sim. To the contrary, I am as you see very eager for any news of your exploits and experiences which maybe I had missed. So keep on posting your story and perhaps we can find more fun and entertainment in this old Microprose gem.
Polak2 is offline   Reply With Quote