View Single Post
Old 03-27-16, 11:46 AM   #202
Terragon
Sailor man

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

With a sub simulator, I think the mantra, "Easy to learn, difficult to master" should apply.

Not everyone is a realism nut. But I do think the learning curve shouldn't be steep. I would like to see better tutorials implemented (other than shooting a single target with auto-aim).

I like the idea of getting a casual crowd in a game that is easier to learn, and allows them to take incremental steps towards 'realistic'.

I would love to see better mod support. And by the way, we shouldn't have to mod a game so that it will WORK.

Something cool would be Oculus Rift support, with proper voice activated commands. I would like to see a U-Boat vs. Surface mode where players can play both sides. Speaking of multiplayer, I wish that there was a mode where players can play on the same U-Boat.

One as captain, navigator, torpedoman, etc. Players would have to work together on patrol. I also like the idea of trying to fix things that break on your U-Boat yourself as a damage control party, with some type of mini-game or procedure you have to do personally. Depending on how you do, it can shorten or lengthen the time the system can be repaired (optional).

Some more story-based stuff would be great as well. I know simulations are supposed to be mainly about the nuts and bolts, and while my imagination is great, I wouldn't mind playing in a story with cutscenes and extended dialogue based on real events and history.

There can be so much more there than what they put it without sacrificing the sim. I would love to see a game developer go, "Screw it, we are going to make a sub simulator that will be the measuring stick for all sub sims to measure up to."

I think there is a possibility that a sub simulator will exist out there one day where the casual player would love the hell out of it, and 100% guys would like it as well.

For now we wait and mod SH5 or play SH3 to get the bad taste out of our mouth.