View Single Post
Old 04-12-10, 01:53 PM   #100
trotter
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Stormy, great work with this mod.

Two questions:

a) I had one patrol - it was my first patrol in the VIIC once I upgraded from the VIIA - that had truly OUTSTANDING background voices. It was nothing like I heard in this mod before (had been already using the mod for a few weeks) or since. Leaving the harbor that patrol I heard constant chatter in German, conversations, joking laughter, etc. A radio turned on and a song played. It was FANTASTIC immersion.

I thought to myself, maybe this is what the mod is supposed to sound like, and it was only triggered when I upgraded to the VIIC?

HOWEVER, I had a disconnect later that very playing session and had to reload my campaign from that same start point in the 'pen (first patrol with the VIIC). This time leaving port I heard none of the added stuff that made that one rare instance so special. So clearly having the VIIC did not permanently kick in that added background immersion.

My question: just what was I hearing on that one patrol? Was that part of this mod that for some reason isn't being unlocked at any other time for me?

To give a little more information, the mod seemingly works for me in full, I hear alternate crew commands, background rustling, drips, some (looped) dialogue. But that one instance leaving the 'pen was so above and beyond what I usually hear, I'm just trying to figure out where it came from.

b) This may be asking too much from a technical standpoint, but is there any way to disable certain sounds within the ambient background noise? For example, I love the nondescript sounds, such as rustling of paper, murmured voices, etc. However there are several more pronounced sounds that became insanely annoying to listen to on loop. The main offender of this is the loud heavy rapist breathing ("uh huh........uh huh") that literally plays once every 45 seconds or so, at least on my end. I am to the point of disabling this otherwise wonderful mod just because I don't know how much I can stand of that one breathing noise.

Is there a way in the modded files to isolate and disable one sound, or is that simply part of a larger loop and nothing can be done?