View Single Post
Old 08-21-22, 05:33 AM   #14032
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StasSche View Post
1. There is no damage on the vessel after the torpedo hits. "3D ship damage" option either ON/OFF doesn't help. As I understand, this models were imported in the game by modders (so should be some limitations), but at least 2D damage should work, right? Strangly enough, in the mission where "stock" ships are used, only 3D damage works. If I switch it OFF, no damage is shown at all.
Stock models as well as Rosomaha's C3 and my coasters use different 3d format (.gr2) than most of imported models which use .dat format of previous Silent Huner games. Only .gr2 format supports 3D damage and only .dat format supports 2D damage sprites, which is why you will see either one or another. Furthermore, damage does not always appear (that is true both for 2D and 3D damage.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StasSche View Post
2. The smokes (both from the ship engines and fires due to damage) disappear at some distances, when the external camera is used. And in weird way: when you are close to the ships, you can see the smokes, you are getting far away they disappear suddenly, but if you continue to move away they start being rendered again. The "no-render" distance is very narrow actually, no reason for that. So it is definitely a bug. I have all graphical settings on Max. The video of the bug "in action":
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Auj7waf-njNTtlIK...rLq8F?e=3O7Y0V
Interesting. I haven't noticed this before. From your video it is for both .dat and .gr2 ships so probably not ship LOD issue, but something with smoke effect itself, but other than that - no idea what causes it.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote