Old 03-13-16, 01:56 PM   #18
derstosstrupp
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 489
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmic View Post
Hi derstosstrupp:

I have one question about Ausdampfverfahren (Constant Bearing to Target)

At tvre.org i red the article you referred (awesome, thanks ) and found that this method is there described a little more simple.
It says they actually used (own heading - current target bearing) for target AoB and own speed for its speed. This way you dont need to calculate law of sine for 90 degrees AoB as you described.

Does your solution here have some advantage? For instance - you dont need to set accurate distance to TDC? Thanks
Hi palmic,

You're right, the article doesn't expressly mention using 90 deg AOB for the Ausdampfverfahren method. It's really a matter of taste - you can either use the collision bearing as a proxy for AOB, which eliminates the need to compute "target speed" using sines (I.e. own speed x sin(target bearing)), or use 90 deg AOB, in which case the above formula would be necessary.

To answer your question about advantages: What may prove difficult with just using the bearing as AOB is the relative difficulty of entering the exact bearing into the AOB dial of the German TDC, as it only displays in 10s of degrees. 90 deg is easier to input exactly on the dial.
derstosstrupp is offline   Reply With Quote