Old 11-02-21, 02:34 AM   #7449
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive1 View Post
All:
Having started with the original SH3 and moved through all varieties with a final stop at GW, I must agree with many comments here. The GW update, or whatever you want to call it, was the final and not-to-be-improved version of any sub sim. The work and devoted time installed by Jimbuna and, gosh, others whose names escape me, are remarkable. I would go back and reinstall the whole thing, but at years 87 I'm not sure I know how to do it. The original SH3 discs are sitting above my desk as I type, but...my the complicated time to load the game, do the update, conquer the barriers to not using a disk...all seem a bit overwhelming to this old (very old) mariner. But it would be nice...

One thing especially: I must salute the respect given to the German Untersee mariners who fought their country's war - whether or not they accepted the political position of the leadership - and Grey Wolves accepted that. No country can ask for more.

My elderly hat is off to all the Grey Wolves developers.
Archive1
Indeed. GWX is an amazing piece of work, done by a group of amazing people. The amount of work put into it and the time and effort required is incredibly impressive.
"Thanks" doesn't begin to cover it.
If you'd like some help setting up the game, just ask. Folks here will have you up and running quickly and easily.