Thread: Can't load Save
View Single Post
Old 12-31-22, 01:17 AM   #5
russman
Nub

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Corrupted Mission File

I have a similar problem. I've been playing the game for years. And I know how to back up files mission file, career, and .cfg files. . I'm playing the vanilla game with no mods.

In my most recent mission, #25, the game crashed. I had a very long mission with with lousy weather that took forever. However,I had a really good mission- in the end I did well. The game crashed / mission ended on my return the port.

I have determined that mission is corrupted because every time I try to load my career with that most recent mission folder, the game crashes.If I delete that mission, Mission 25 folder,I can go back to my career. I resume to the time in port before the mission.I hate to walk away from several hours to play. Is there anyway to look for corrupted files in a mission folder that's giving me problems?

I'm thinking of selectively taking a copy of my mission files and selectively deleting the saves thinking about one of them is somehow corrupted. I built a dummy career and added "mission 25" to its career data changing the folder name to the next sequenced career. It crashes that career right away so I'm thinking I'm on something.

Thanks for help/suggestions...
russman is offline   Reply With Quote