View Single Post
Old 01-10-23, 05:35 PM   #8
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

A new update dropped today. I've only been in it a short time, so can't say how well the devs support it over time. But I've not seen any complaints that they are slow or inattentive. New missions, animals, weapons and more have been added since release.

This game is clearly a direct contender for Call of the Wild. I only played that one a short time (actually bought it for my son and his X Box). I don't have enough time with CotW to compare the games really, but the simulation aspects get good marks in comparison by the player base. It's a newer game and not so robust like CotW, yet anyway.

If you can either like or tolerate the story side, there's a really nice hunting simulation here. New maps, animals and weapons will bring it closer to CotW over time I think in terms of content.

The devs clearly saw the need to head off ethics complaints, but they went way overboard with the presentation, at least for me. Others will find it charming or quaint I imagine, so just one man's opinion.

I was surprised to see Skybird's comments about instability, but that's the gaming soup. It runs fine for me, on a modest box, Win 10. Your mileage may vary.

I like it. The bones are good. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.