View Single Post
Old 08-20-21, 07:25 AM   #3
Badger343rd
Loader

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 3

yeah...not gonna lie I struggled with this one...but my argument was simply this. There's no doubt in my mind its wake homing(my version IS wake homing)_but it can be initially guided via wire. My thinking is maybe the internet simply overlooked the wire aspect and only stated it's innovative technology? I mean why would you remove the capability to discern between one ship and another? Steering the torp perpendicular to target does 2 things. One...it masks you azimuth of attack...two... It increases the chance of intercepting a wake. And since I couldn't find a definitive answer...I choose to do it the way I did. But keeping in mind I could be wrong. And if someone could prove my mistake ,I would simply change it. The debate you posted didn't really convince me as wire guidance wasn't really its topic...it was the threat of wake homing.

I'm interested as to what new changes are in the new "baseline" ?
and BTW feel free to "glean" anything from the pack if you deem it worthy. It's a personnel preference thing with the hud's but I thought rusky captains would like a unique flavor for their boats(there were lots of people commenting on them when I first built them way back when...so I figured they'd want them for DOT as well.

Last edited by Badger343rd; 08-21-21 at 07:41 AM.
Badger343rd is offline   Reply With Quote